Port Charlotte Sunrise Kiwanis 2018 Duck Race Rules
- Estimated 3,000 rubber ducks will be available for adoption and entered in one or more races. Ducks may be adopted on-line from the Port Charlotte Sunrise Kiwanis Club Duck Race webpage located at www.pcsunrisekiwanis.org or at adoption events in return for a donation. Port Charlotte Sunrise Kiwanis, hereafter referred to as the Presenter, is seeking both individuals and businesses to adopt ducks for a minimum donation of $5 per duck, 3 ducks for $10, or 20 ducks for $50. Winners will be determined by the first adopted ducks to cross the finish line. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries and qualified events.
- First heat will be dropped into the Presenter’s raceway in Kiwanis Park on April 7th around noon. Weather conditions or other interferences may affect race time. The racecourse will be established by the Presenter. Presenter reserves the right to change or alter the starting location or method at its discretion. If extreme circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Presenter prevent the event from occurring on April 2, 2016 winners will be determined by a random drawing of adopted duck numbers. Such drawing will be scheduled and conducted by Presenter.
- All rubber ducks shall remain the property of the Presenter and handling and possession of the ducks will be by Presenter only. Prior to the beginning of the race a unique number will be assigned to each duck adoption; each adoption will be assigned one number. Multiple duck adoptions on one entry form will be assigned multiple duck identification numbers. Each assigned number will correspond to a unique number affixed to each of the rubber ducks. Prizes will be awarded to the adopters whose names appear on the adoption forms corresponding to the qualifying ducks crossing the finish line in the order detailed in paragraph 5 below. A list of adopters and corresponding duck numbers as of 9:00AM on April 7, 2018 will be available on site prior to the start of the first heat.
- Once ducks are dropped, they are on their own, except that Presenter reserves the right to manually maneuver a duck that deviates off the racecourse. Otherwise, no attempt will be made to free or interfere with any duck unless deemed necessary by the Presenter. The ducks will race to the finish line/collection trap that will serve as the finish line. All ducks will be retrieved and removed from the water following the race conclusion.
- Qualified Events:
Heat Races:Ducks will race in heats of approximately the same size.Number of heat races shall be determined by Presenter and announced prior to race time.The first 3 adopted ducks of each heat to cross the finish line will be awarded the following prizes:1st place $100 gift card, 2nd place $50 gift card, and 3rd place $25 gift card.These duck shall be entered in the grand finale race.Other lucky ducks shall also move into the grand finale race as determined by the Presenter.
Grand Finale Race:Those adopted ducks that have won Heat races and those lucky ducks that were chosen shall race in the Grand Finale.The first 3 adopted ducks that cross the finish line in the grand finale race shall be awarded prizes according to the following schedule:1st place $500, 2nd place $250 and 3rd place $125.
- Prize winners will be announced following each race. Prize winners must be 18 years of age and present valid identification. If a minor wins any of the prizes, that prize will be transferred to the child’s legal guardian. Winners do not need to be present to win. When necessary, winners will be notified by telephone. If a winner does not claim his/her prize from the presenter within 30 days of the conclusion of the race, Presenter reserves the right to select an alternative prize winner through a random drawing of adoption numbers. A list of prize winners will be posted at www.pcsunrisekiwanis.org within 48 hours of the conclusion of the race (or drawing, if needed). By adopting one or more ducks, adopters release Presenter and its officers, directors, members and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to prizes. All local, state and/or federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. By adopting a duck, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses by the Presenter without additional compensation.
- The entry portion of each adoption form must be completely filled out and delivered to the Presenter either via electronic means on the website www.pcsunrisekiwanis.org by 5:00PM on April 6, 2018 or physically delivered to the Presenter by 11:00AM on April 6, 2018; any adoptions received by mail or electronically after 5:00PM on April 6, 2018 may not be eligible for prizes. Also, no further adoptions will be accepted by any means after all 3000 ducks (or total number of ducks as determined by the Presenter, whichever is greater) have been adopted. If not all ducks have been adopted prior to race day, adoption forms and donations will be physically accepted at the event up until 1 hour prior to the announced race time.
- This event is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. The Port Charlotte Sunrise Kiwanis Duck Race and its logo are the property of Presenter and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or use them without the express written consent of the Presenter.
- The Presenter reserves the right to distribute proceeds at their own discretion. For further information regarding the intended use of proceeds see www.pcsunrisekiwanis.org.
- No one is ineligible from participating in duck adoptions. Port Charlotte Sunrise Kiwanis Club members, spouses, household members and all sponsors are eligible to win. The presenter asserts the validity and integrity of the event, and welcomes anyone to witness the race. Inquires may be mailed to Port Charlotte Sunrise Kiwanis Club, 1489 Market Circle #308, Port Charlotte, FL 33953.